In the bustle of our worldly lives, we sometimes forget to appreciate simple, yet intriguingly beautiful natural phenomena. The delicate dew that forms in the morning or evening on plants is clean and refreshing. It is a silent, yet powerful and recurrent reminder of the Creator, for those that seek such signs. I hope that those visiting this site are able to open themselves to divine mercy, as plants and flowers are receptive to the dew. God’s attribute of rahmah (mercy, kindness, compassion, ….) is one that occurs repeatedly in the Qur’an, and the associated values are central to Islam. “The merciful ones will be shown mercy by God, the Merciful,” taught the Prophet Muhammad, who also said, “God loves gentleness (rifq) in all things. ‘He gives through gentleness what ‘He’ does not give through force, and ‘He’ gives through gentleness what ‘He’ does not give by other [means].” If, like the gentle mercy of the dew, DewDropsWeb.com can provide a few drops of beneficial information or spiritual nourishment, then it shall have achieved its purpose.
Dewdropsweb.com is a website that addresses Islamic religious issues. I also have a Language and Literature Blog, that deals with Arabic grammar, literature and other language-focused topics that are not typically of a ‘religious’ nature. If you are so inclined, feel free to visit it at http://suheillaher.wordpress.com
— Suheil Laher
- But words are things, and a small drop of ink, Falling like dew, upon a thought, producesThat which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.- George Byron [http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgebyro201606.html]
- In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.- Kahlil Gibran [http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/k/kahlilgibr162061.html]
- I am… a mushroom; On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then.- John Ford [http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnford126588.html]
- There is dew in one flower and not in another, because one opens its cup and takes it in, while the other closes itself and the drop runs off. So God rains goodness and mercy as wide as the dew, and if we lack them, it is because we do not open our hearts to receive them.- James H. Aughey [http://www.giga-usa.com/quotes/topics/dew_t001.htm]
- Every dew-drop and rain-drop had a whole heaven within it.- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Hyperion, (bk. III, ch. VII) [http://www.giga-usa.com/quotes/topics/dew_t001.htm]
- The dew-drop in the breeze of morn, Trembling and sparkling on the thorn,Falls to the ground, escapes the eye,Yet mounts on sunbeams to the sky.- James Montgomery [http://www.giga-usa.com/quotes/topics/dew_t001.htm]
- The dew waits for no voice to call it to the sun.- Joseph Parker [http://www.giga-usa.com/quotes/topics/dew_t001.htm]
- As fresh as morning dew distill’d on flowers.- William Shakespeare [http://www.giga-usa.com/quotes/topics/dew_t001.htm]
- I must go seek some dewdrops here, And hang a pearl in every cowslip’s ear.- William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, (Fairy at II, i) [http://www.giga-usa.com/quotes/topics/dew_t001.htm]
- A globe of dew Filling, in the morning new,Some eyed flower, whose young leaves wakenOn an unimagined world;Constellated suns unshaken,Orbits measureless are furl’d
In that frail and fading sphere,
With ten millions gathered there
To tremble, gleam and disappear.- Percy Bysshe Shelley [http://www.giga-usa.com/quotes/topics/dew_t001.htm]
Information presented on this website is for informational purposes. Although I will endeavor to present useful information, I do not and cannot guarantee that this information is totally free from errors, nor that it is always suitable for acting upon or putting into practice. Religious decisions should be taken with due care and thought, after reading and investigating, but also after consulting with reliable people of knowledge – who are aware of one’s particular circumstances – and then pondering and exercising one’s conscience. If, after all of this, you find something you read here to accurately portray the teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah, and decide to act on it, then you do so of your own volition, and without necessarily carrying my approval. You acknowledge and agree that I absolve myself of all liability – in this world and the Hereafter – for any and every wrong decision you take as a result of your own negligence, misunderstanding or error. IN PARTICULAR, NOTHING ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS BEING AN INCITEMENT TO ACTS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST INNOCENT PEOPLE OR WANTON DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY. I have condemned and will condemn such acts of violence and terrorism, and remind you that furthermore A MUSLIM IS (RELIGIOUSLY) EXPECTED TO OBEY THE LAWS OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH HE RESIDES.
All articles are written by me, unless stated otherwise. Articles written by others represent the views of their authors, and do not necessarily reflect my views fully. Nor do any views on the site necessarily reflect the views of any organization or corporation to which I may belong and/or have any affiliation with. Furthermore, my mere inclusion of an article or extract from the works of someone, or quoting from them, does not constitute an endorsement of every opinion or position of that person. Men are recognized by the truth; we do not recognize the truth by the men presenting it. I may quote from, or include an article from someone if I see value in it, even if I happen to disagree strongly with him/her on some other issues. Similarly, any links I carry on my page do not constitute an endorsement of all the contents of the linked site. Their inclusion merely indicates that I see that at least some benefit and/or useful information can be gleaned from them.
You may link to my own writings from your web-site without any special permission. You may download my articles only for your personal use. For any other form of use or distribution (including incorporation of the articles directly onto your web-site), you must obtain explicit, physical, written permission from me. Articles that are copyrighted by others are indicated as such (unless I am not aware of any copyright on them) and any use or distribution of those articles must conform with the stipulations of the copyright owner.
Finally, I declare myself innocent of any information on my site which is in contradiction to the Qur’an, the Sunnah and the consensus of the Muslim scholars (Ijma`). Should you notice any errors or oversights in this regard, please bring them to my attention as soon as possible. I also welcome any constructive comments, criticisms or suggestion. May Allah reward you.
Thanks are due to Ades for his generously providing a host site, resources and site design, and to Amjad and others who have helped with maintaining the website. I am also grateful to all the teachers, friends, brothers and sisters who have contributed to my knowledge, or helped in any way with this page. May Allah reward you all well.”
– Suheil Laher